A holistic lifestyle will definitely improve your attitude towards life and how you take care of your physical, mental and emotional well-being.
Lifestyle changes can be difficult, determining your direction and goals can also be challenging. A holistic coach can help you shape up and start living your life in a way that is more in line with your life’s goals than your current lifestyle may be.
There are eight important areas of our life that we need to pay equal attention to: work, money, environment, personal growth, health, community, family and our spirituality. A holistic coach will consider all the aspects and how, if out of balance, can contribute to health problems.
There are several things to consider when looking for a holistic life coach.
• Consider their experience. Holistic life coaches should have experience working with different kinds of people. Testimonials from former clients are also a good sign that they’ve accomplished what they say they can.
• Find out how long they have been giving advice and helping people. Ask how long they have worked as a part-time or full-time coach. You basically want to interview them on a conversational level to find out if you’re both a good fit for each other.
• Holistic coaches can focus on career, life, sales, or any particular field of your choice. Make your needs, desires and goals clear to your coach. They’re best able to help you if you know what direction you’d like to go.
• There is no harm with talking with several holistic coaches before making a choice. Look for other holistic coaches and meet with them, choose the person you best identify with. It’s an important choice, as important as choosing the right doctor.
• Make sure that the coach you choose understands and listen to your objectives and your demands. The most effective coaches are also the most effective communicators.
• You’ll want to check each coach’s references. Talk to previous clients or friends or family who worked with the coach and get their feedback.
• Aside from checking the coach’s reference, make sure that they also attended or are accredited by the International Coach Federation or other reputable Trade Associations. They also provide membership to professional life coaches.
• When meeting with a holistic coach, make sure that you full understand what kinds of services you are receiving. Be sure that the services and fee structure are explained to your satisfaction.
• Choose a coach whom you can identify with whether it is for personal or business reasons. It’s important that you feel comfortable with each other in order to communicate effectively.
It is important to choose a life coach who was able to understand a person clearly and deliver results. There are a lot of people who falsely advertise themselves as a holistic or life coach. Do not get fooled by impostors and scam artists.
What is a clear way to separate a trustworthy holistic coach? Check their website. If they have contact information on their website, make sure to call and verify the information. Also make sue there’s personal contact information indicated on the site which makes it accessible to clients 24 hours a day.
Also remember that holistic coaches are meant to ease the burden and help you achieve some direction in your life, not add to your stress. Holistic coaches should be motivating, inspiring, exciting and drives you to action, if they cause you stress, then tell them. You are the one who will pay the bill, and besides at the end of the day, it is still about you.
While holistic lifestyle coaches can help you prioritize and organize your life in a more balanced way, they’re not meant to be a panacea or fix-all cure. The bulk of the responsibility ultimately lies with you. Nobody can force you to eat the right things, exercise regularly or meditate daily. Deep inside you probably know that they’re the right things to do, you just haven’t “gotten a round tuit” yet. This is exactly where a holistic lifestyle coach can make the difference for you. Decide if it’s a good choice for you and then find someone today. Procrastination is the biggest obstacle that most people face….do it now.
Related articles by Zemanta
- Living A Holistic Lifestyle (capecodholistic.com)
- Embrace a Natural and Holistic Lifestyle (capecodholistic.com)
- 4 Simple Questions to Help You Start & Grow Your Business (dmiracle.com)
- How to Know When You’re Ready for a Wellness Solution and Coach (selfimprovementbase.com)
- Physical Fitness as a Key to a Holistic Lifestyle (capecodholistic.com)